How to lay a new lawn in five steps. The best period for laying a new lawn is autumn or spring.
- Loosen the ground well – traditionally by hand, using a garden spade, a digging fork or a tiller. Then let it rest for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Prepare the soil for sowing with the handy multi-star® extensions for soil loosening and aerating or use one of our tillers or cultivators.
- You can sow when the soil temperature is +10°C or warmer. Use our high-quality lawn mixture, which is much finer and therefore much more economical per square meter of soil. Rake in the seeds, do not press them in with a roller! Now fertilise with lawn starter fertiliser byWOLF-Garten. It has a special nutrient combination that strengthens and promotes the root growth of the young grass. The handy sowing devices by WOLF-Garten facilitate perfect sowing and fertilising.
- During the first three weeks after sowing the germination process should not be interrupted by dry periods. Therefore the lawn needs to be watered 4-5 times daily for approx. 5-10 minutes without creating sludge – something best done with our handy hose carts.
- The lawn is ready for its first mowing once the blades of grass have reached a height of 8-10 cm. Shorten it by hand or use one of our motorised gadgets to cut the grass to a lenght of approx. 5 cm. We recommend a height of 4 to 4.5 cm for all further mowing.
Lay a new lawn: This is how it's done!